Student Invention Competition 2016
Ever wake up in the middle of the night with a really great idea?
Do you hear yourself saying, “if we just had….”, or “wouldn’t it be better if….”?
Have you been sitting on an idea, just waiting for the right time and opportunity?
If so, we want to hear about you, and you certainly want to hear about this: 4D LABS announces its 4th Student Invention Competition!
Come and tell us about your idea. If we like it, 4D LABS will offer you:
- Up to $5000 in credit to access to our state-of-the-art $65M Research Institute for Materials Science and Nanotechnology research including our Nanofabrication Clean Room, advance electron microscope facility, and associated tools,
- technical expertise to help design, build and test your invention, and
- practical and personalized business training and consultation to get your invention from the benchtop to the market.
What are we looking for?
- Innovative ideas that can be turned into demonstrations in a short period of time (4 months),
- those that utilize the 4D LABS institute resources, and
- those that have technical merit and a significant market impact
Who is eligible?
- If you are an individual or a team of students from a post secondary institution in Canada, you are welcome to submit your idea for approval.
What is our process?
- Enter the competition by completing a Letter of Intent (LOI) and Extracurricular Waiver
and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15-Jul-2016. These forms can be downloaded from the links to the right hand side.
- If we like your idea, we will ask you to visit us at Simon Fraser University’s Burnaby Mountain campus in early January to pitch your idea in a ~1/2 hr PowerPoint presentation.
- We will announce the Competition Winners at the end of August.