4D LABS Open House 2011
4D LABS will be hosting an open house on December 15th, from 1 - 4 pm. There will be themed breakout sessions, a poster session in the atrium, and tours of the facility. Staff will be available to talk about the institute, answer any questions, and discuss your research ideas. Holiday cider and spice bread will be served in the lobby.
4D LABS is an applications- and science-driven research institute at Simon Fraser University, located in British Columbia, Canada. We focus on accelerating the Design, Development, Demonstration and Delivery of advanced materials and nanoscale devices. Our goal-oriented environment fosters intellectual freedom and creativity—critical for breakthrough research. 4D LABS offers a model that is unique in Canada, where researchers from several disciplines have open access to leading edge analytical and fabrication equipment in one place. Some highlights of our facility include:
- a visiting scientists' laboratory enabling face-to-face collaboration amongst world leading researchers
- a class 100 Clean Room facility specializing in materials fabrication and nanofabrication
- an advanced characterization laboratory including tools such as a PEEM/LEEM, XPS, XRD and SQUID
- the nanoimaging facility specializing in high resolution electron and scanning probe microscopy
- the LASIR facility (Laboratory for Advanced Spectroscopy and Imaging Research) for exploring new frontiers in laser matter interaction