Critical point dryer
The Critical Point Dryer is used to dry samples without the damaging effect of surface tension. The basic operation of the CPD is as follows:
- Immerse sample in IPA in the chamber.
- Cool the chamber with liquid CO2.
- Fill chamber with liquid CO2.
- Continually replace IPA/CO2 mixture with pure liquid CO2.
- Heat the chamber past the critical point of CO2 (31 °C, 1072 psi).
- Vent the gaseous CO2.
- Remove the sample.
An entire process run takes ~1 hour and samples up to 4" wafers can be used in the tool.
|Model||Autosamdri-815B, Series B|
|Typical Application||Drying MEMs samples|